Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:47:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Steve Bertrand" <iaccounts@ibctech.ca>
To:        "Bawan" <bawan@baldwinresearch.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: problem while installing FreeBSD

> I just started installing it. There is no any extra peripheral connected
> it. I think I am on first step, I am suppose to get Sysinstall menu after
> reboot, but it gets stuck after saying rebooting...

When replying to a post, please ensure you Cc: the list, so that everyone
following the thread knows what is happening. It is also beneficial to
knew users who 'lurk' but haven't yet posted that may be having similar
issues.

Now, back to the subject...

If you've already installed FBSD, sysinstall should not come back up by
default. The machine should boot, then you should be dropped right at the
command prompt.

If I understand correctly, the last message you see is 'Rebooting...'? If
this is so, what happens after a cold boot? Post the messages where it
gets stuck.

Also, this may be a good time to post your hardware (mobo, NIC, and
additional info).

Regards,

Steve