Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:39:51 -0400
From:      Michael Milbach <security@milbach.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 5.2.1 Release and Promise PDC20267 Raid Controller

I am trying to install 5.2.1 on an Intel S845WD1-E MB which has the Promise
PDC20267 Raid Controller on board.
I set up a mirror using two Seagate 160GB Hard Drives successfully.  When I
try to install FreeBSD, it sees the mirror, disk 0 is ready but disk 1
shows down and then the mirror fails.

I get a missing interrupt error.

After the Disk 1 Down message the machine stops the boot process and
sits.  I have to turn the machine off to do anything.

Does this controller work with FreeBSD.  I found a few messages on this
list but saying that it worked but nothing on how to make it work.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Mike