Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2001 08:22:29 +0300
From:      Sergey Solyanik <solik@sumy.net>
To:        Alex Lee <alee@2win.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: upgrade from 3.5 stable to 4.0 stable

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 03:36:52PM -0700, Alex Lee wrote:

> I finally decided to upgrade the server from 3.5 stable to 4.0. I tried to
> following the procedure in UPDATING. But when I do "make buildworld
> -DNOPERL", I got the following messages:
[...]
> Any help is great appreciated.

You need to install gcc295 port, and execute make like this
CC=gcc295 CXX=gcc295 CPP=g++295 make buildworld -DNOPERL
and may be you need to modify PATH in Makefile,
to include /usr/local/{bin,sbin}

At least this works for me, when I do 3.4-R -> 4.3-S...
YMMV.

--
 Could anyone translate "I'll see you on the dark side of the moon"
 to Manx and send it back to me?