Date:      06 Jan 2002 19:03:22 -0600
From:      James McNaughton <jtm63@enteract.com>
To:        parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
Cc:        f-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: building kernel problem w/ linux_proto.h

This exact thing happened to me. I thought it would have been sorted
out after re-cvsupping yesterday, but no.

Anyhow, I fixed it by deleting my entire source tree ( and /usr/obj --
of course I saved my kernel configurations ) and getting the sources
from scratch. This did the trick. I suspect that somewhere about
November something went awry when cvsup was updating the code.

BTW, did you use cvsup15.freebsd.org. That's where I get my updates
from and it seems suspicious to me that you had exactly the failure I
experienced but many other people could not reproduce it.