Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 2000 04:03:43 +0100
From:      bk <koester@x-itec.de>
To:        "Dino Rezes" <nt_verwalter@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: important questions!!!

Hello Dino,

DR> Hallo!

DR> I have got some question about FreeBSD:

DR> Is FreeBSD able to do the Internet Connection Sharing for the Network???

Internet-Connection-Sharing. Maybe you should go away from micros*ft
specific things. You can use things like NAT to share your internet
connection with others.

I have setup a DNS Cache with a DNS Server "bind", Squid (a proxy
engine if i want to surf with a cache) and NAT (for the rest) combined
with efficient firewalling (ipfw).

You can do everything you want, for example
getting e-mails and so on. Other ways are using Proxy Server but if
you are family with nt (i think so) you know what i mean.

The other things i canīt answer.

*ggg

--
Best regards,