Date:      Fri, 6 May 2005 13:54:33 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Fafa Hafiz Krantz <fteg@london.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

### Please DO NOT CROSS-POST messages to a bazillion lists! ###

On 2005-05-06 05:39, Fafa Hafiz Krantz <fteg@london.com> wrote:

> Hello.
> I have a big problem. My privacy has been violated.
>
> I had no idea when I first started writing posts to the FreeBSD
> mailinglist that it would be archived, let alone indexed by Google
> so that the world can spy on my words.

It's not something very surprising for a project that is open to anyone
and encourages participation at all levels, is it? :-)

> Can the FreeBSD mailinglist administrators change my name and
> e-mails, or delete my posts, if I can prove that I wrote them?

No, that would be impossible.  Hint: third-party mirrors (i.e. Google).

This is a recurring theme.  It's really *NOT* the fault of the
postmaster of FreeBSD.org that you posted to public mailing lists.

The Handbook section about mailing lists[1] says: