Date:      Sat, 26 Jun 1999 08:32:26 +1000
From:      Benjamin Gardiner <ben_bsd@iaa.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hi

On Sat, 26 Jun 1999, conseal@prodigy.net wrote:
Hi there, unfortunatly, the Lucent modem, is what you would call a software
modem, it  is a modem where all of the work is done in software and all that is
on the board is a dsp chip.
Now what this means, is that the modem wont (at the moment and possibley ever)
work on your BSD (or linux for that matter) box.
Personally, I would get some sort of external modem, (anyway they also work
better under windows, then winmodems anyway).

Hope I have been of some help

Benjamin Gardiner

 > I have a question.  Would my Lucent Modem work in FreeBSD or
would i have to use a different modem? >