Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2000 18:15:13 +0200
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@mahoroba.org>, handy@lambic.physics.montana.edu, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.1.1: removing an already powered off card shows "cardremoved"

"Jose M. Alcaide" wrote:

> More data: with a modem card the behavior is different: if I power
> the card off ("card removed" shows up) and then I extract it, the message
> does not appear again; but, if I inmediately insert the card, then
> it is not detected until I type "pccardc power 0 1". Something
> is broken...

I found something interesting: the problem I described with the modem
(a Xircom RealPort 56) only happens when pcic runs in irq mode _and_
after a suspend-resume cycle. It seems that there is some bad combination
of irq-driven pcic, suspend-resume, and some powered-off cards. Weird.

-- JMA
****** Jose M. Alcaide  //  jose@we.lc.ehu.es  //  jmas@FreeBSD.org ******
** "Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers" --  Leonard Brandwein **