Date:      Sat, 04 Sep 1999 13:17:57 -1000
From:      "Art Neilson, KH7PZ" <art@hawaii.rr.com>
To:        Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Good Make but lots of dmesg's

Actually the file you want is /boot/kernel.conf
I had this same problem when I originally installed 3.2-R
and then built a custom kernel.  The bootstrap still looks
at the kernel.conf.  Just rename it kernel.conf.old or
rm it and the problem will go away.

At 06:01 PM 09/04/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>Noooo, quite the opposite.  He HAS built a kernel w/o all the extra devices.
>The problem is that the commands that were given in the boot -c editor to
>disable all of the devices in the GENERIC kernel are still being run on
>startup.
>
>I belive the file you want to look at is /boot/boot.conf but I'm not 100%
>sure of that at the moment.  I can verify that when I get home from work.
>Alternatively, if someone else on the list is positive of the file that
>contains all of the bootup config, hopefully said person will reply to this
>message.
>
>Hope this helps,
>-Chris

   __
  /  )    _/_  It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data.
 /--/ __  /    Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories,
/  (_/ (_<__   Instead of theories to suit facts.
                     -- Sherlock Holmes, "A Scandal in Bohemia"
Arthur W. Neilson III, KH7PZ
Bank of Hawaii Tech Support
art@hawaii.rr.com