Date:      Thu, 13 Sep 2007 18:22:39 +0100
From:      "Joao Barros" <joao.barros@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   =?iso-8859-1?q?FreeBSD_at_=22I_F=F3rum_Software_Livre=22_in_Port?= =?iso-8859-1?q?ugal?=

There will be an open source event on the 12th and 13th of October in
Lisbon, Portugal, called the "I F=F3rum Software Livre" [1]
Among other things FreeBSD will be mentioned (there's one talk about
FreeBSD at the moment) and I'm thinking of making one about FreeBSD 7
and it's major improvement: Performance.

I've already collected some points for reference:
- Bind performance: http://people.freebsd.org/~dougb/bind-resperf.png
- Jeff Roberson blog and scheduler improvements
- Kris Kennaway Scalability Update:
http://people.freebsd.org/~kris/scaling/Scalability%20Update.pdf
- Kris Kennaway MySQL vs Postgres on FreeBSD:
http://obsecurity.dyndns.org/sysbench-write.png (offline)
- http://blog.insidesystems.net/articles/2007/04/11/postgresql-scaling-on-6=
-2-and-7-0

I was hoping to get more information and/or benchmarks FreeBDS CURRENT
vs FreeBSD 6, FreeBSD vs Linux,etc that I could use to make a showoff
of FreeBSD :)

I'm cc'ing Kris to see if he can get his machine online and ask for
permission to use parts of his documentation.

[1] http://www.softwarelivre.com.pt/index.php
--=20
Joao Barros