Date:      Thu, 04 Sep 2003 23:43:51 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Abdul Hakeem <alhakeem@blueyonder.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multi BOOT

Abdul Hakeem wrote:
> Does anyone know a way of simultaneously booting FreeBSD with Linux or
> Win2K with a dual-processor and dual NIC server ?
> I can set the processor affinity on the Win2k, but I am having trouble
> configuring the FreeBSD to use a particular processor and a particular
> NIC.

Just because a machine has multiple processors and multiple
NICs, doesn't make it capable of operating as two machines in
the same case.  There are a lot of different things, like the
memory and I/O bus, the 8254 clock, etc., which have to be
programmed differently for different OSs.

To run two virtual machines on a single real machine, you are
going to need some software assistance, e.g. a product like
VMWare.

-- Terry