Date:      Sat, 4 Jun 2005 22:04:44 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <FreeBSD@keyslapper.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.4 & Xwindows

--JP+T4n/bALQSJXh8

On 06/04/05 10:01 PM, Louis LeBlanc sat at the `puter and typed:
> On 06/04/05 07:06 PM, Robert Slade sat at the `puter and typed:
> > Hiya,
> >=20
> > I've been trying to figure this out. I've tried googling for an answer
> > but only got confused.
> >=20
> > I have a P4 machine with an ATI Radeon 9200 with 128Mbyte of memory=20
> > built into the motherboard. I have not been able to get Xwindows to run
> > at any greater resolution than basic VGA. All I seam to get is no driver
> > or no screen defined.
> >=20
> >=20
> > Goggle troughs up some info but for linux. Can anybody help please.
>=20
> You might find some useful info in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/README.ati
>=20
> One notable paragraph from this doc:
>=20
> The newer Rage 128 and Radeon chips are not yet supported by this
> driver.  Rage 128's and Radeon's are, however, supported by separate
> drivers, and owners of such adapters should consult the documentation
> provided with these drivers.  This driver will also invoke the
> appropriate driver if it finds Rage 128 and/or Radeon adapter(s) in
> the system.
>=20
> Good luck

BTW, as mentioned by another poster, you probably need the RADEON
driver.  Check the manpage (RADEON(4x)) - it does mention several 9200
models.

Lou
--=20
Louis LeBlanc                          FreeBSD-at-keyslapper-DOT-net
Fully Funded Hobbyist,                   KeySlapper Extrordinaire :)
Please send off-list email to:         leblanc at keyslapper d.t net
Key fingerprint =3D C5E7 4762 F071 CE3B ED51  4FB8 AF85 A2FE 80C8 D9A2

optimist:
  A man who refuses to see the wolf until he seizes the seat of
  his pants.

--JP+T4n/bALQSJXh8

--JP+T4n/bALQSJXh8--