Date:      Fri, 6 Oct 2000 01:27:00 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Jeff Vehrs <JWVEHRS@hewitt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail problem -- 553 sorry, that domain isn't . . . - SOLVED

On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 02:14:28PM -0500, Jeff Vehrs wrote:

> I figured it out. Thanks to Javier for giving me an idea indirectly. =) I
> switched the smtp server from the netzero.net to the ISP that I used for dial-up
> connection. It works. Whew! What a relief. Now, I can enjoy it 'til the next
> obstacle. =)

I recently made myself an /etc/ppp/ip-up script that takes care of
changing the smart-host in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf and restarts sendmail.
The script is tailored to Greek internet providers, whose domains are
all of the form `something.gr'.  However, it might give you a few
nice ideas, and if your ISP's are usually called `something.net' or
`someotherthing.com', the script works correctly as it is.

Go check it out at <http://students.ceid.upatras.gr/~keramida/ip-up.txt>;
and if you seem to like it copy it to your /etc/ppp/ip-up file and make
sure it's executable.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >