Date:      Fri, 24 May 2002 06:18:46 +0200
From:      Rocco Lucia <rlucia@iscanet.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   ng_fwdswitch netgraph node

Hello,
   I tweaked a little the one2many node to realize some different
kind of packet switching node. I needed something that would help me
to split over different IDS sensors data coming from span/mirroring
session done on the network. At first I tried to glue some bpf nodes
but I had no luck since performance was very poor and I had tons of
packets lost (p3 866MHz, ~100kpt/s inbound).

   The fwdswitch node, could be imagined as a 'many2many' node but
monodirectional only: packets flow from 'in' hooks to 'out' hooks
only. The decision about which 'out' hook to choose to forward a
packet is taken going through a forwarding table that associates
an IPaddress/netmask to an output hook index. Packets that are not
matched or frames that are not IP packets will be forwarded to the
'default' hook.

   I just finished to fix it, made some documentation so it is still
incomplete, requires cleanup and has some bugs in the configuration
part, but it is nicely working. Let me know if it can be of any
interest.

It's downloadable at
http://elisa.utopianet.net/~rlucia/devel/ng_fwdswitch/
It will compile on 4-STABLE.

Ciao :)
Rocco

--
Rocco Lucia - rlucia@iscanet.com      Iscanet Internet Services
http://elisa.utopianet.net/~rlucia    System and Network Admin

Free unices for a free world. Support *BSD.