Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2019 14:53:38 +0000
From:      Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
To:        Thomas Steen Rasmussen <thomas@gibfest.dk>, Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CARP stopped working after upgrade from 11 to 12

I can't see how any of those would impact carp unless pf is now
incorrectly blocking carp packets, which seems unlikely from that commit.

Questions:

  * Are you running a firewall?
  * What does sysctl net.inet.carp report?
  * What exactly does ifconfig report about your carp on both hosts?
  * Have you tried enabling more detailed carp logging using sysctl
    net.inet.carp.log?

     Regards
     Steve