Date:      Mon, 05 Nov 2001 11:19:18 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Article in pcmag

There was recently an article in pcmag that shows that Linux
running Samba is faster than W2K. I thought it would be interesting
to see the same tests run on Samba+FreeBSD, so I sent an email.
Here is the article:
http://www.pcmag.com/article/0,2997,s%253D1474%2526a%253D16554,00.asp

My thought was that this could be good publicity for FreeBSD, if
they run the test with the system properly tuned. If anyone wants
to send email, I couldn't find an address for Oliver Kaven (who
wrote the article) so I sent one to Davis Janowski
(davis_janowski@ziffdavis.com) who appears to be Oliver's boss.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technology