Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 2002 01:53:09 +0900
From:      Hye-Shik Chang <perky@fallin.lv>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: icc-compiled Python

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 11:30:14AM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Great. Do you have any patches do do it in an automated way?

I'm trying to create script to automate it.
but, it is becoming quick and dirty one.. ;)

> >  (on compiling with icc, I compiled 6 sources with gcc by hand
> >   to avoid icc's error hehe.)
>
> Which files and which errors?

1. fail on CC=icc ./configure
   : just configure with gcc and modify Makefile manually
     not clear but it works. ;)

2. some warning messages
   : removed -fPIC and -W... options.
     (but dynamic linking is working without any problem. ehm.)

3. fails linking on two points (Parser/pgen and libpython2.2.a)
   : do with gcc manually

4. icc error on FreeBSD base headers on some modules
   (including Modules/_localemodule.c Modules/socketmodule.c
              Modules/_sslmodule.c)
   : compile with gcc manually

Everything worked fine except those.

> Which CPU?

Intel Pentium III  800MHz.

> Any chance the files you compiled with gcc instead of icc are related to
> those tests?

Ah. if Intel allows to distribute icc-compiled binaries.
I didn't read icc license agreement carefully.

> Bye,
> Alexander.

Thank you!

--