Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:24:02 -0700
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        jhall@vandaliamo.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DHCP Question

Hi, Jay--

On Mar 19, 2008, at 7:36 PM, jhall@vandaliamo.net wrote:
> I am in the process of moving my phone system DHCP from my Mitel
> 3300 to a
> FreeBSD so I can parse the DHCP file.  In order to make Mitel's
> option 125
> work correctly, I have to specify some vendor specific options.  I
> believe
> this is option 124 if I understand the Mitel documentation correctly.
[ ... ]

For the ISC DHCP server, here's an example for setting option 252 for
auto-proxy config:

option wpad-url code 252 = text;

subnet _yournetwork_ netmask _yournetmask_ {
	option wpad-url "http://proxy/proxy.pac";
}

You'd need to choose your own option name for option code 124, and a
type (probably string), and then set whatever config you need in that
option statement...

--
-Chuck