Date:      Fri, 29 Jan 1999 12:37:45 +1000
From:      Robert Chalmers <robert@chalmers.com.au>
To:        freebsd <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   DONE - was Re: How do I upgrade just X11 to 3.3

Thanks Jason,
All done. I just followed the instructions in the RELEASE NOTES in the ftp
directory for the 3.3.3 binaries for FreeBSD. Dropped in no worries. I don't
have any extra X programs compiled.
I use XWin32, an Xterminal Emualtor on the '98 PC, to run things like Netscape,
Ghostview and a couple of xterms. That way I'm not working directly on the
server.
3.3.3 went in like a breeze, and now I don't get any warning about
libX...so.6.x being older etc.

cheers
Robert

--
http://www.chalmers.com.au. Publications From China in 24 different languages.
English, French, German, Russian, Arabic, Spanish, Chinese, Burmese, Bengali,