Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2001 07:45:17 -0400
From:      "Andrew C. Hornback" <hornback@wireco.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Parallel Tape drive?

Good morning once again everyone,

	Got one more question that I just happened to think about.  I've got an
external Parallel Tape drive (AIWA TD-P10), and I was wondering if it would
work under FreeBSD.  Having searched the archives, I haven't found anything
really worth talking about.

	Basically, I just want to put this beast back into service, using it to do
periodic backups of my laptop.

	Anyone have any ideas or is this a lost cause?  I figure that if FreeBSD
doesn't support it directly, I can use a different strategy to backup my
data (i.e. copying it to the DOS partition on my HDD and backing that up
from Win98), but I hope it doesn't come to that.

--- Andy