Date:      Thu, 26 Apr 2001 22:42:51 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Sean Farley <sean-freebsd@farley.org>
To:        <itojun@iijlab.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Sendmail outgoing bind() fails on PPP

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001 12:36, itojun@iijlab.net wrote:

> >I only wish it to receive on the LAN (192.168.1.0) and the analog modem
> >(216.140.158.72).  This is easy to change (DAEMON_OPTIONS), but I just
> >can't get confCLIENT_OPTIONS to work.  From looking at sendmail.cf, I can
> >see that it is being set:
> >
> ># SMTP client options
> >O ClientPortOptions=Family=inet, Addr=216.140.158.72
>
> 	so, 216.140.158.72 is on your local interface, and you would like to
> 	receive emails toward the address.  then, i guess you should be using
> 	DaemonPortOptions instead.
>
> 	note that, if you are running on-demand dialup, DaemonPortOptions
> 	will choke while your modem line is not connected.

Actually, Sendmail works with on-demand PPP whether it is up or not.
Also, DaemonPortOptions only affects incoming connections.  I am trying to
force the outgoing connections on to a specific interface.  This does work
with Exim, so I believe it should work with Sendmail using
ClientPortOptions.

Sean