Date:      Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:09:37 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Achilleus Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        tux@pinguru.net, wes@freebsd.org, freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org, mitsuru@riken.jp, Norikatsu Shigemura <nork@freebsd.org>, rtdean@cytherianage.net, sugimura@jp.FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>, Panagiotis Astithas <past@ebs.gr>, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [SUGGEST] Reform eclipse and eclipse related ports

O Wes Peters έγραψε στις Oct 16, 2005 :

> On Oct 16, 2005, at 3:20 AM, Panagiotis Astithas wrote:
>
> As to devel vs. editors, eclipse is hardly a text editor.  Emacs at
> least started that way.

Perhaps i missed something,
but why all that bother with eclipse, when (at least) all the
java add-ons for it are easily managed by the tool itself?

For possible JNI eclipse plugins (if any) a port definately
makes sense but for the majority (java) i think the community
over engineers the case instead of working on more vital issues
of the operation system.

I am not quoting directly any of the fellows participating in the
discussion, i just grabbed the last email to write my lines.