Date:      Sun, 24 Nov 2002 22:40:23 +0100 (CET)
From:      Tomas Pluskal <plusik@pohoda.cz>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        users-l@freebsd.cz
Subject:   setiathome port: Can't open file temp.sah

Hello,

I've installed the astro/setiathome port, but when I run it (using
"rc.d/setiathome.sh register" or just "setiathome -login"), it fails to
work:

Welcome to SETI@home.
We use your email address to identify you.
Please type:
    1 to set up a new account (first-time users);
    2 to log into an existing account (returning users).
Your choice (1 or 2): 2
Email address: plusik@pohoda.cz
Can't open file temp.sah
If you need help or have questions,
please check the FAQ at http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu.
Please type:
    1 to set up a new account (first-time users);
    2 to log into an existing account (returning users).

It always says "Can't open file temp.sah" and asks again for account
setup. It's not filesystem/rights problem, it does even when run as root.

I don't have a public IP (10.0.0...) and I am connected to internet via
NAT, but I believe it doesn't matter (internet communication works OK, and
setiathome is AFAIK using only http).

I've tried to run strace on it, but it was not very helpful:
connect(4, {sin_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(80),
sin_addr=inet_addr("66.28.250.122")}}, 16) = 0
close(4)                                = 0
write(1, "Can\'t open file temp.sah\n", 25Can't open file temp.sah
) = 25
write(1, "If you need help or have questio"..., 96If you need help or have
questions,
please check the FAQ at http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu.
) = 96
write(1, "Please type:\n    1 to set up a n"..., 142Please type:
    1 to set up a new account (first-time users);
    2 to log into an existing account (returning users).
Your choice (1 or 2): ) = 142
read(0,

My system is 4.7-STABLE, few weeks old.

Thanks