Date:      Sun, 17 Feb 2002 23:18:01 -0500
From:      Barney Wolff <barney@databus.com>
To:        Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        barney@databus.com, stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: make -jX buildkernel error (Re: src/sys/modules/libiconv/Makefile: "make -j4 depend" error)

I just did make -j8 buildworld and make -j8 buildkernel with no
problems.  make -j16 buildkernel also ran fine on another kernel
config.  This is all with today's cvsup.  I doubt it makes any
difference, but I do have MODULES_WITH_WORLD= YES in /etc/make.conf.
Build machine is a dual PIII-1000 with /usr/src and /usr/obj on
different spindles.

None of this proves there are no missing synchronization directives,
of course.  Could it be a locale issue?

--
Barney Wolff

"Nonetheless, ease and peace had left this people still curiously
tough.  They were, if it came to it, difficult to daunt or to kill;
and they were, perhaps, so unwearyingly fond of good things not
least because they could, when put to it, do without them, and could
survive rough handling by grief, foe, or weather in a way that
astonished those who did not know them well and looked no further
than their bellies and their well-fed faces." J.R.R.T.