Date:      Wed, 02 Aug 1995 12:43:18 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        xiao@bnr.ca (bo)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any one got ghostview work?

> Hi,
>
> I have tried both the package and the port of ghostview, no luck.
> Compile of ghostscript and ghostview reports no error. Firing up
> is fine but gv does not response to my clicks. Giving the ps file
> in command line yields:
>
> Can't find initialization file gs_init.ps.
> Error: PostScript interpreter failed in main window.
>
> Alone the same line, xdvi crashes my X server. :(
>
> Anybody has a clue? Thanks.

Did you cd /usr/ports/print/ghostscript; make ; make install?
And the same for ghostview?

It looks like ghostscript isn't properly installed. There
should be a /usr/local/lib/ghostscript where among other
stuff the said file gs_init.ps should be located.

> Bo

FreeBSD blues.physik.rwth-aachen.de 2.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 2.2-CURRENT #0:
Tue Jul 18 14:49:19 MET DST 1995     kuku@blues.physik.rwth-aachen.de:
/usr/src/sys/compile/BLUESGUS  i386