Date:      Sun, 15 Feb 2004 15:32:37 +0000
From:      Alex Zbyslaw <xfb52@dial.pipex.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   mozilla-devel

In my latest cvsup the mozilla-devel port has been marked as IGNORE with a
note about 1.6 becoming the stable release.  Technically, I'm sure this is
true, but it's unhelpful.

Now, I can't simply use portupgrade to upgrade from 1.6a to 1.6.  Instead I
have to de-install mozilla-devel and install mozilla.

In the future, I am assuming that there will again be devel versions of
mozilla (1.7rc1, 1.7a or whatever).  Having installed mozilla, I will have no
clue when a newer mozilla-devel becomes available.

Am I missing something, but couldn't the mozilla-devel port just point to the
mozilla port while the two versions are the same?  That way upgrades with
portupgrade continue to work as expected.

Thanks,

--Alex