Date:      Wed, 05 Apr 2017 16:26:02 +0100
From:      "Norman Gray" <norman@astro.gla.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   SoC with multiple ethernet ports

Greetings.

I'm looking for a SoC (or other small) machine to act as a gateway
between two physical networks (in fact, an ordinary one and an IPMI).
Thus I'm looking for such a device which has at least two ethernet
interfaces, and can run FreeBSD.

There are multiple boards listed at
<https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/arm>, but the boards under the 'Well
supported boards' headings appear only to have single interfaces (though
I wouldn't claim an exhaustive search).

I can see what appear to be nice multiple-interface boards at
<https://www.solid-run.com/marvell-armada-family/>, but they're listed
under 'unknown support'.  I can see some notes on some Marvell boards at
<https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSDMarvell>, but these refer to FreeBSD
8.x and 9-CURRENT, so are clearly not up-to-date.

Searching the list archives, I find
<https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arm/2015-February/010300.html>;
that at least some people are using 11.0-CURRENT on an Armada/Marvell
board, but (given that that's a bug report) I'm not sure if that usage
counts as ...Brave or not.

There's clearly a lot of hardware possibilities here, but I surely can't
be the first person to want such a device.  Does anyone on this list
have any advice?

Best wishes,

Norman

--