Date:      Fri, 22 Dec 2017 01:13:55 +0100
From:      Christoph Moench-Tegeder <cmt@burggraben.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mc, xterm-clear, Ctrl-O and Home/End dilemma

## Eugene M. Zheganin (emz@norma.perm.ru):

> I use my FreeBSD desktop at work and from home wvia putty, so I really
> want to solve this without learning keays each time (and it seems like
> they aren't save on "Save setup".

Putty has quite a bunch of options to configure terminal behaviour,
and you can make it send different terminal identifiers (from your
description, I'm not sure where you switched terminal modes).
Maybe fiddling with putty or the terminal identifier will help?
Termcap even has a putty entry...

I'm not a putty user myself (I prefer xterm and openssh), so I can
only guess.

Regards,
Christoph

--