Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 99 10:00:40 -0500
From:      FreeBSD Questions <freebsd@netsys.hn>
To:        Vincent Fleming <vincef@penmax.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SCSI-3 vrs. ATA

-- [ From: FreeBSD Questions * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

> The SCSI drive is faster - it has an 80MB/s burst transfer rate. The ATA
has
> only 33MB/s burst rate.

According to the Quantum Spec Sheet on the Web http://www.quantum.
com/products/hdd/fireball_se/datasheet.html
the speed for the ATA is 33.3MB/s and 20MB/s for the SCSI-3

I'm sorry to insist with Quantum but here that is the only choice I have.

> Vince
>
> > Hello, this is my first message to the hardware list. I'm planning in
buying
> > a clone to put FreeBSD 2.2.8 on it. This will be used as a Web Caching
> > Server, thus it needs a high speed disk.
> >
> > What would be better Quantum Fireball SE 3.2 GB SCSI-3 which price is
double
> > of the ATA or Quantum Fireball SE 3.2 GB ATA (UltraDMA)?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Pablo Quintana
> > HONDURAS

Pablo Quintana