Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 1997 21:04:48 +0000
From:      Scot Elliott <scot@popart.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: upgrading from 2.1-stable to 2.2-stable remotely?

Gary Schrock wrote:

> At 05:51 PM 10/26/97 -0500, you wrote:
> >You can do almost anything (including fsck) remotely if you use a
> > serial console.  Get a terminal server or use a null modem cable to

Can anyone explain what the idea of the serial-console stuff in the kernel
configuration is?  I tried it expecting boot messages etc to come out on the
terminal I had connected to one of the serial ports, but it didn't do that..
The only way I could access the machine via it was using a getty on it - which
of course doesn't need a kerlel config option enabled....

Any clues?

Cheers - Scot.