Date:      Thu, 04 Aug 2005 06:43:04 -0700
From:      Dmitry Yusupov <dmitry_yus@yahoo.com>
To:        Benoit Panizzon <benoit.panizzon@imp.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD iSCSI mapping all LUN to LUN 0

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 12:02 +0200, Benoit Panizzon wrote:
> Hi all
>
> We run FreeBSD 5.4-Stable and have troubles with the iSCSI Implementation
> (from May 2005), wich is not yet part of the official Kernel as I was told.
>
> It looks like all LUN get Mapped to LUN 0 so that if you have several logical
> disks and try to mount them, all mounts get redirecting to the Disk with LUN
> 0 causing severe data corruption (and FreeBSD to crash after a while).
>
> The funny thing is, that you can also access non existent LUN's (as they too
> are mapped to LUN 0)
>
> I was not able to find any FreeBSD iSCSI Project Website where I could find
> additional information or check out for newer releases or fixes.
>
> Linux with Open-iSCSI and Kernel >= 2.6.12 has no problem at all detecting and
> accessing the right LUN's.

There was some plans to merge FreeBSD kernel's part into open-iscsi
project. The problem, open-iscsi needs to resolve is to re-license some
part of it under dual-license, so GPL and others will co-exist.

Some work been done for initial integration, but recently I don't have
much time to continue this effort. So, if somebody interesting, please
let me know.

We've discussed dual-licensing with core open-iscsi developers, there
should not be a problem it will just take some time to get agreement
from all copyright holders.

Dima