Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2006 10:22:43 -0600
From:      Bruce Burden <brucegb@realtime.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 6.x from i386 to amd64

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 08:41:44AM -0500, Robert Blayzor wrote:

> Is there a way to upgrade/move an already installed i386 installed 6.1
> machine to amd64 without completely reinstalling?  Is there a procedure
> to do so?

	There is a way to "upgrade" from i386 to amd64 on an installed
   system, but it is strongly suggested that you not attempt to do
   that.

	The advise I was given is to install from scratch, and know
   happiness.

	If you insist on fulfilling you masochistic desires, I
   believe /usr/src/UPDATING has a proceedure on doing so.

							Bruce
  "I like bad!"                         Bruce Burden    Austin, TX.
        - Thuganlitha
        The Power and the Prophet
        Robert Don Hughes