Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 1999 20:22:29 -0800
From:      Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: All About People

On Thu, Dec 16, 1999 at 02:48:42PM +1030, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> On 16-Dec-99 Gregory Sutter wrote:
> >
> >  set print_command="smbclient \\\\\\\\lpthost\\\\printer1 -P -c
> >  'printmode graphics; print -'"
> >
> >  This command could be used from just about any program, sans
> >  ultra-backslash-escaping.  (Windoze locations are \\host\service.)
>
> Samba 2.x smbclient accepts /'s as well as \'s :)

Whew, that's a relief.  I sometimes have trouble counting to eight.  :)
I haven't had much need for samba lately, so I'm not really up on the
2.x-series features.  These days, I mostly just use it to create a
quick way for windoze users to grab a bunch of mp3s when they stop over.
It's easier to have them drag'n'drop then to have to use the crappy
command-line FTP client myself.

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter              If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.
mailto:gsutter@pobox.com