Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 11:45:46 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Gabriele Cecchetti <gabriele@docenti.ing.unipi.it>
To:        Randy DuCharme <randyd@nconnect.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Oracle or ?? and FreeBSD

On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Randy DuCharme wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I know this question's been asked a couple of times but I haven't
> found a satisfactory answer in the archives.  Perhaps there isn't
> one???  :)
>
> I'm wondering if anyone is successfully using Oracle, or some other
> high-end RDBMS on FreeBSD, and if so, how reliable, & robust is it.
> I'm getting a lot of pressure to implement an NT/SQL server solution
> and would prefer *not* to, but need a viable alternative.

Why don't you try to use PostgreSQL: it's a goud ORDBMS very reliable and
robust. I'm working with it with FreeBSD 2.2.2 and 2.2.1 without any
problem. It work very fine with FreeBSD.

If you want try it look at FreeBSD port collection, under database
category.

	Gabriele

Ing. Gabriele Cecchetti			Abitazione:
email: gabriele@ing.unipi.it		Via Lenin 127