Date:      Sat, 31 Jul 1999 14:06:57 +0200
From:      "Dirk.Nerling" <Dirk.Nerling@pdv.de>
To:        "'freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   need help with update from 070 to 083

Hello,

I do run the i4b 070 integrated at the FreeBSD 3.2 CD ROM - thats why I
cant use uninstall.sh and install.sh nevertheless I did a overinstall.sh
and thought: just rebuild all from /usr/src/i4b (where I have the new
083), install them and perhaps rebuild a new kernel too. Unfortunately I
have problems at the build of the new 083 src. I have all at
/usr/src/i4b but it seems a header missing, which I found at the machine
dir.

venus# uname -a
FreeBSD venus.pdv.de 3.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE #1: Sun Jul 18
13:35:26 CES
T 1999     root@venus.pdv.de:/usr/src/sys/compile/VENUS  i386
venus# pwd
/usr/src/i4b
venus# ls
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS                include
BSDI                            isdnd
CVS                             isdndebug
ChangeLog                       isdndecode
FAQ                             isdnmonitor
FreeBSD                         isdnphone
LICENSE                         isdntel
Makefile                        isdntelctl
Makefile.inc                    isdntest
NetBSD                          isdntrace
OpenBSD                         layer1
README                          layer2
TODO                            layer3
contrib                         layer4
diehl                           lib-isdn
driver                          machine
dtmfdecode                      man
etc                             misc
etc-isdn                        sppp
g711conv                        tina-dd
handbook                        user-ppp
i4b-00.83.00-beta-300799.tar.gz
venus# make
===> isdntrace
Warning: Object directory not changed from original
/usr/src/i4b/isdntrace
cc -O -pipe -g -Wall  -c q921.c
In file included from q921.c:48:
trace.h:62: machine/i4b_ioctl.h: No such file or directory
trace.h:63: machine/i4b_trace.h: No such file or directory
q921.c: In function `decode_lapd':
q921.c:71: `FROM_TE' undeclared (first use this function)
q921.c:71: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
q921.c:71: for each function it appears in.)
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.