Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 2008 09:17:48 -0300
From:      Marcelo Araujo <araujobsdport@gmail.com>
To:        vadim_nuclight@mail.ru
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADS UP!] IPFW Ideas: possible SoC 2008 candidate

--------------enigF38EA32A2BFA59820860D170

Vadim Goncharov wrote:

> Looked at the patch. Some line are changed e.g. in NAT definitions with=
out any
> visible changes, strange.
>
> Also, you're adding 7 opcode in the kernel, 2 for match and 5 for setti=
ng,
> while having single "modip" action in userland. In the case of signific=
antly
> changing compilation rulesm, etc., we may need many new opcodes so we s=
hould
> not waste them. For example, your O_IPTOSPRE is redundant because we al=
ready
> have O_IPPRECEDENCE which compiler could utilize while retainig more AB=
> compatibility.
>
> I can correct and extend your patch for DSCP/TTL/any bytes (not forgett=
ing
> credits, of course), if you're too busy...
>
>  =20
Of course, I've interest in any external support, because I need to
finish my degree project and I'm a bit busy. Any help are welcome and
please feel free to re-work the patch. Just like the really the most
important thing is the *modip*, I'm happy that you work within this idea.=

I'd like to see *modip* committed.

I continue to my research and if I've some time to work with ipfw or
another mechanism that have some relation with my project degree, I'll ma=
ke.

Best Regards,

--=20
Marcelo Araujo            (__)