Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 14:29:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3com fe575

> I think you'll need to grab a 4.1 CDROM and install off of that, or
> install via the net with a supported NIC card.  You'd then need to
> grab the patches from Jonathan Chen.  My advogato page is at
> 	http://www.advogato.org/person/imp/
> and the patches are available from
> 	ftp://ftp.spock.org/pub/cardbus.diff.latest

I don't have a supported nic, but I think I could do this: I could build a
release image with the changes from the kernel in it... on -CURRENT and
install -CURRENT on the laptop. I don't mind doing that because I was
eventually going to put -CURRENT on there anyway. I've messed with the
install procedure before and I think I can get it to work like this.

If I can't get it to work, I guess I'll just do the 4.1 CD option.

Ken