Date:      Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:29:12 -0500
From:      Joe Auty <joe@netmusician.org>
To:        Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: core dump with dump command SOLVED

Thanks everybody for their help.

As it turns out, I guess dump was being starved for memory, as
running it while booted into FreeBSD normally using -L to indicate a
live filesystem worked just fine. I believe this is because there is
an extra swap file available from a normal FreeBSD boot, as specified
in my /etc/rc.conf. I'm not sure if my theory completely holds up,
but there you have it.

Thanks again! I'm up and running...