Date:      Thu, 06 Jul 2000 13:10:20 -0500
From:      john melesky <john@smallflower.com>
To:        John Michelini <mick3@ibm.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Developing Window Managers

well, traditionally, you'd check out the source code for the old "uwm"
(universal window manager), which you can snag from
http://www.plig.net/xwinman/uwm.tar.gz

also, if you know Python (or are willing to learn), there's PLWM
(http://brugd.ctrl-c.liu.se/plwm/), which is more a collection of wm
primitives than a complete window manager. it's designed to sort of
"roll your own".

regardless, http://www.plig.net/xwinman/ is a good site for info about
the various window and desktop managers out there.

-johnnnnnn