Date:      Sun, 6 May 2018 19:41:05 +0000
From:      Drew Tomlinson <drew@mykitchentable.net>
To:        "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Is It Possible To Use Azure Backup With 11.1 Image?

I originally posted the below message in cloud@ but that list seems pretty =
quiet.  So I was wondering if anyone here can help?

I'm experimenting with Azure and have built a box with the 11.1 image from =
the marketplace.=A0 I've tried to enable azure backup.=A0 I can start the b=
ackup via the Azure portal but it fails consistently at 5:06 minutes.=A0 I =
assume this is because the timeout in the waagent.conf file is 5 min by def=
ault.=A0 The error is about not being able to communicate with the VM agent=
 for snapshot status.=A0 I do have the azure-agent port installed.=A0 The s=
ervice is running.=A0 And for testing, I even have an outbound "allow from =
any to any" rule in my network security group attached to the VM's interfac=
e.

I opened a MS support case but the engineer is trying to tell me that "this=
 version of Linux does not support backup".=A0 Well being as he doesn't eve=
n seem to understand that FBSD isn't Linux AND combined with the fact that =
I can see what appears to be snapshot activity in the waagent.log file, I d=
on't believe this is the case.

Any clues as to where I should look next?=A0 I've included some waagent.log=
 entries below.

Thanks for your help,

Drew

Like card tricks?
Visit the Alchemist's Warehouse to learn card magic secrets for free!

http://alchemistswarehouse.com