Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 1999 11:05:41 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
Cc:        Aaron Smith <aaron-fbsd@arctic.org>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Subject:   Re: Inetd and wrapping.

On Sun 1999-06-27 (22:26), John Baldwin wrote:

> > if people have their undies in a wad over this, can't they compile
> > inetd without LIBWRAP?
>
> Ahem..
>
> Let's say I have two services, foo and bar, with food and
> bard.  I want to wrap food, but *NOT* bard and they are both in
> /etc/inetd.conf.  How do you propose to solve this with the internal
> wrapping (which is a good idea, IMO as it eliminates an exec())?

Run two copies of inetd?

Seriously, if wrapping support can be tuned at runtime, and you can
set up inetd to run with different configuration files (which you can),
if those people who want to run both wrapped and non-wrapped services
agree that this is an option, there needn't be a hack to do this sort
of thing.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner