Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 1999 00:37:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Eric Floerchinger <eric_floerchinger@albertsons.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Its about that time of year again.  (FreeBSD & MCA)

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Eric Floerchinger wrote:
> I have two NCR system 3430's (P-66 MCA) and two NCR system 3432's
> (486/66 MCA) with NCR SCSI cards (can't remember the chipset offhand).
> I'll try out this kernel as soon as I get some time...  I want to find
> some sort of free UNIX that'll work on these beasts, the only thing I
> can find is SCO.

I've got boot disk images up now.  I think the 1.2M image may default to
serial console as its the image I burned for my model 77 boot disk.

Make sure that you capture a complete verbose boot as that will have all
the POS register dumps etc.  Its also possible that the NCR machines won't
return what I'm expecting from Int 0x15 func 0xc0 and if so the verbose
boot messages will contain relevent debuging information.

I've a pretty good idea that I've seen an NCR MCA box before and am
kicking myself for letting it escape me.  I'll check with the dealer and
see if he still has it in the storeroom.