Date:      Sat, 25 Nov 2000 00:37:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      David Banning <david@www3.pacific-pages.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:    web hosting with a dynamic IP address question

I would like to call into my computer and access it like a web host
from somewhere else on the web.  My thought is that this should be possible
if my IP address is known.

Since my dynamic IP address changes on every dialup,
would it not be possible for my FreeBSD machine to, following connection
do some inquiry into what my IP address is, then have FreeBSD copy the
IP address to my external WEB site, where I could have a link/script
that takes the address and guides me into my home server?