Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:28:25 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        Munehiro Matsuda <haro@kgt.co.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: jboss3, jdk-1.3.1_p8 & 5.0-CURRENT

On (2003/02/20 18:05), Munehiro Matsuda wrote:

> ::On my box, jboss3 dies with SIGBUS, jetty dies with SIGABRT.
>
> On some AWT based programs, I usually get SIGABRT.

Um... I don't think either of these is AWT-based.

> To workaround this problem, I set my malloc.conf to 'aj' and/or unsetenv
> XMODIFIERS environment varible.

I tried this anyway, but it didn't work.

I'm going to try your HotSpot patch in conjunction with Mr Koltermann's
InetAddressImpl patch and see if that makes a difference.

Otherwise, I'll drop back to RELENG_4.  I'll put off worrying about
Linux administration until after I've seen what kind of EJB container
stability I get out of the version of FreeBSD most people seem to be
using for Java.

Thanks,
Sheldon.