Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:53:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      stheg olloydson <stheg_olloydson@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        cquintella@yahoo.com
Subject:   Re: Country Restrions

it was said:

>Is there any restriction to use FreeBSD in Cuba and other countries
>where US have comercial restrictions?
>I work for a British company with branches in Cuba and Syria. So I
want
>to know if there is a limitation or if I can think about deploying
>FreeBSD globally for my company.
>Thanks
>Carlos A. Quintella

Hello,

Although many Americans work on the Project, I doubt that FreeBSD can
be considered and "American-made product". In any case, you can
download the software from numerous non-US servers. See
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mirrors-ftp.html
(URL may have wrapped) for the complete list. Pick one from a country
that has diplomatic relations with Cuba and/or Syria.

HTH,

Stheg