Date:      Mon, 15 Sep 1997 06:42:10 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Werner Griessl <werner@btp1da.phy.uni-bayreuth.de>
Subject:   Re: Make buildworld fails in /usr/bin/tip . . .

My apologies, folks, I just verified it with a make release - this
isn't Werner's fault at all (es tut mir leid, Werner!)

As far as I can figure it out, the new -current behavior of turning on
a new flag (compatMake) by default in make is having deleterious and
unforseen side-effects on the rest of the build tree.  I'll have it
fixed shortly!

					Jordan