Date:      Thu, 08 Mar 2001 16:02:37 +0100
From:      Joachim =?iso-8859-1?Q?Str=F6mbergson?= <watchman@ludd.luth.se>
To:        User Duraid <latif2221@home.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: toor account????

Aloha!

User Duraid wrote:
> what is the toor acount??? does any body else have it or it's just me.

It's the helproot. An account that can be used for system
administration, but with (if you like) different environment settings. I
personally normally use toor with an environment and a shell I prefer.
Also, depending on your partitioning and where your ~toor area is, there
might be more headroom and less risk of eating up space in the /
partition.

root on the other hand is the one I use when doing the final stages of
system updates and when/if an emergency happens.

--
Cheers!
Joachim - Alltid i harmonisk svängning