Date:      Fri, 29 Apr 2005 11:16:23 -0600
From:      Jon Drews <jon.drews@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Getting CUPS to use hpijs

5.4-STABLE FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #0: Sun Apr 24
Ports I have installed:
cups-base-1.1.23.0_3
cups-lpr-1.1.23.0
cups-pstoraster-7.07_3
cups-lpr-1.1.23.0
hpijs-1.7.1

Printer: HP Deskjet 3740

Hi:

 I can't get my HP3740 Deskjet to print using CUPS. I installed cups=20
from ports. I also installed print /hpijs with  # make WITH_CUPS=3Dyes.
Nevertheless, I can't find any of the appropriate *.ppd files. Is
there a particular order the hpijs and cups ports have to be installed
in ? If I install hpijs without the CUPS option, then the *.ppd's are
all in /usr/local/share/ppd.

 I have this printer working in OpenBSD, under lpr, so it does indeed
work. I use
the HP-DeskJet_3740-hpijs.ppd.

--=20
Kind regards,