Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 1999 16:36:35 -0700 (MST)
From:      Drew Eckhardt <drew@plutotech.com>
To:        jwg@cm110108.cableco-op.com, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mouse problem after changing motherboard

In article <19990323113813.02626@cm110119.cableco-op.com>,
Jeff Gray  <jwg@cm110108.cableco-op.com> wrote:
>I am trying to get my mouse to work in terminal mode and or X windows.

>Here is what dmesg says,
>psm0 at 0x60-0x64 irq 12 on motherboard
>psm0: model IntelliMouse, device ID 3

I threw a second ethernet board in one machine, and discovered that the
mouse no longer works.  Taking a closer look at things, I found that the
BIOS had assigned irq 12 to both the mouse and ethernet.

Going into the BIOS and manually specifying an IRQ for the relevant PCI
slot fixed things.

>Used to work well before I changed motherboards

Welcome to the wonderful world of Plug-N-Pray.