Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 2000 14:18:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Damon Hammis <squirrel@hammis.com>
To:        Boucher Eric <eric.boucher24@sympatico.ca>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: configuring the modem

We're gonna need some more information before we can help ya here.

First, what kind of modem is it?
Is it internal or external?
Is it a plug and play modem or a jumpered/switched modem?

If it's plug and play then you're probably going to have a helluva time
getting it to work.  If it's a jumpered/switched modem you'll probably
have better luck.  Externals work the best imnsho.

--Damon